Wednesday, January 12, 2011

About Me

I'd like to start this thing out by saying a bit about me. What I'm like, what I care about, where I came from... that sort of thing. I am... a short, hairy, bouncy, affectionate boy. I'm a mild-mannered, extremely passionate, annoyingly logical, clever, questioning, emotional, curious, forgiving man. I'm a frightened, lonely, hopeful, anxious, quiet, loving being. I question long, I cry often, I seek knowledge obsessivly.
I love the living and try to understand everything I can about them so I can be fair, respectful, and honourable in my dealings with them. I crave desperately to ease the suffering of the living. I gaze longingly into the mystery of the stars. I peer hopefully into the fog of ancient history. All that lives and all that has lived and all that may live fascinate me to no end.
I am being created by this journey I'm on. I don't know where it will take me. I try my best to understand where I've been. I look at the threads of existance that make up my fears and doubts and dreams. The things that led to this moment. I balance very gently on the edge of my sanity, trying to find ways to get life to let me ease by, so I can stay here and keep seeing things. I see as much as I can, for as long as I can. I want to know myself, and I want to know the world.
I want to let my ideas spread out like fingers of light, and touch the minds of anyone who sees them. I would like to make a difference. I would like to let you see me, and learn how to see you. I would like to let anyone who struggles with being odd or unaccepted see that they are most definitely not alone. I would like to let anyone who thinks that different groups of humans have fundamental differences that cannot be overcome know that we are not as separate as most people think.
I care passionately about non-human animal rights, children's rights, the rights of oppressed minorities or majorities, the thoughts of people (humans and non-humans alike), the happiness of people, the present and future well-being of people... I'll tell you more next time.

1 comment:

  1. I really liked this post. Keep it up my friend, I'll be reading more.

    Love,

    Andrea

    www.andrewgubb.com

    ReplyDelete